AACD APEX Student Scholarship
2016 APEX Scholarship Recipients
Giving dental students a chance to learn from the best...
"Attending the AACD scientific session as a student sets you apart. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and network with the world's best cosmetic dentists. I had an AMAZING experience in Toronto, and I'm looking forward to being involved with the AACD for many years to come.” -- Matt Ansaro, third year dental student at New York University and 2016 APEX Scholarship recipient.
|“I have never seen so many driven dentists talk about such innovative topics in dentistry. There are very few dental conferences around that attract so many dentists from all over the world and so many big-name speakers; I felt like I was at a TED conference for dentists. The speakers that attend the AACD Annual Session are not only great educators, but they are thinkers, doers, and idea-generators.” -- Eric Bui, second year dental student at Western University and 2015 APEX Scholarship recipient.
...and be inspired!
|"The breakout sessions had me on the edge of my seat and energized to be in the field of dentistry! From this conference, I took away information that will revolutionize how I will treat patients.” -- Rebekkah Merrell, third year dental student at the University of Pennsylvania and 2015 APEX Scholarship recipient.
Valued at more than $2,300, this scholarship will send select students to AACD's renown Annual Scientific Session to learn from the cosmetic dental world's finest educators. The AACD APEX award includes conference registration fees, air travel, four nights hotel accommodations, an annual membership in AACD, and more.
Dental students are eligible to apply for the AACD APEX Student Scholarship on an annual basis. Criteria for the applicant eligibility will be based on their demonstrated academic achievement, along with their understanding of and commitment to the future of cosmetic dentistry. Applications will be accepted and reviewed by an AACD assigned review committee for consideration.
- Completed scholarship application.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Essay approximately 750 words on the social or scientific value and benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
- Importance of ideas about social or scientific value and benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
- Clarity and organization explaining the importance of cosmetic dentistry.
- Indications of educational and career plans regarding cosmetic dentistry.
- Support for the applicant in the two letters of recommendation as an indication of likely career promise.
- Indications of cosmetic dentistry academic history.
Based on reviewers ratings and discussion, scholarships are awarded to the top applicants.
The AACD APEX Student Scholarship includes:
- One year of AACD membership ($60 student)
- Registration fees to the annual scientific session ($275 student)
- Round-trip coach-class air travel (up to $500 value)
- Four nights hotel accommodations (April 18 - April 21, 2017) for the annual scientific session ($1,000 value)
- Breakfast and Lunch included for 4 days ($485 value)
Full Scholarship Value = $2,320/student
Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
Click here to apply
AACD APEX Scholarship - not just an opportunity for dental students.
Invest in the future of cosmetic dentistry by sponsoring an APEX Scholar.
"I'm happy to support the next wave of talent to our wonderful profession. We can all learn from the past while building great futures." -- Hugh Flax, DDS, AAACD.
Click here to sponsor an AACD APEX scholarship for a promising dental student.
A special THANK YOU to our APEX Scholarship Sponsors for AACD 2016 in Toronto.