FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tiffany Stronghart
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
AACD 2014 Kicks Off With Opening General Session Featuring AACD Celebrity Dentist Dr. Bill Dorfman
ORLANDO (4/30/14)—AACD 2014, the 30th annual scientific session of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, kicks off on Wednesday with an opening general session featuring Dr. Bill Dorfman, AACD Accredited Fellow and celebrity dentist. AACD 2014 will continue through Saturday, with a number of special events planned.
Dr. Dorfman will make a special announcement regarding the AACD’s latest consumer awareness initiatives, which are aimed at educating the public about the benefits of cosmetic dentistry while also emphasizing the importance of being treated by an AACD Member Dentist when seeking a new smile.
Dr. Dorfman will join several others onstage, including Judy Kay Masoulf, Practice Solutions Inc. president/owner; Eva Grayzel, a professional storyteller and oral cancer survivor; Kirk Behrendt, CEO of ACT Dental; and Dr. Christopher Ramsey, AACD Accredited Member, in a TED Talk-style format, “Practice 360,” meant to educate and inspire the entire dental team.
Other highlights of AACD 2014:
* Live Dentistry in the AACD Exhibit Hall with AACD Accredited Fellows Drs. Wynn Okuda, John Weston, and Brian LeSage
* An Opening Welcome Reception at Universal Studios
* A Celebration of Excellence Gala, which will recognize AACD Past Presidents and the achievements of the Accreditation Class of 2014
* Hands-on lectures and workshops featuring headliners like Drs. Newton Fahl, Sonia Leziy, Brahm Miller, Dennis Wells, William Dickerson, and John Cranham.
* Additional general sessions on Thursday and Friday with Adam Braun, founder of “Pencils of Promise,” and Suzy Welch, author of “10.10.10”
* The AACD Experience Booth, which is a new addition to this year’s Exhibit Hall. The booth will be open to member seeking information about AACD Accreditation, new member benefits, or who wish to participate in the AACD Charitable Foundation’s Give Back a Smile Silent Auction.
* A Give Back a Smile Lawn Party on Thursday evening at 8 p.m. on the Gaylord’s Coquina Lawn. Proceeds from the event benefit survivors of domestic violence.
* 30th Anniversary Celebrations to note the AACD’s legacy of cosmetic dentistry excellence and commitment to responsible esthetics.
Additional conference information and schedules can be found at www.aacdconference.com or by downloading the AACD Conference App, which is available in Google Play and the Apple Store.
About the AACD
The AACD is the world’s largest non-profit member organization dedicated to advancing excellence in comprehensive oral care that combines art and science to optimally improve dental health, esthetics, and function. Comprised of more than 6,400 cosmetic dental professionals in 80 countries worldwide, the AACD fulfills its mission by offering superior educational opportunities, promoting and supporting a respected Accreditation credential, serving as a user-friendly and inviting forum for the creative exchange of knowledge and ideas, and providing accurate and useful information to the public and the profession.