AACD Membership Elects New Leaders in Orlando
The membership of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) elected several new leaders to its boards during the Annual Membership Meeting at AACD 2014 in Orlando May 2.
Dr. James Hastings, DDS, officially accepted his role as president of AACD. Dr. Hastings practices in Placerville, Calif. Dr. Hastings has been a member of AACD since 1994, earning Accreditation in 1998. He was elected to AACD’s Board of Governors the next year. During his tenure as a member of the credentialing board, Dr. Hastings assisted in the revamping and streamlining of the examination process, and served as board chair for two years, when the board was re-named to become the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Joyce Bassett, DDS, will serve as president-elect. Dr. Bassett practices cosmetic and restorative dentistry in Scottsdale, Ariz. Dr. Bassett is an AACD Accredited Fellow Member, an associate member of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, an active member in the Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, and a KOIS mentor.
Dr. Chiann Fan Gibson, DMD, was elected vice-president of AACD. Dr. Gibson has served on the AACD Board of Directors from 2009-2011 and again in 2013-2014. She practices general and cosmetic dentistry in Naperville, Ill., and is the founding member and president of the Midwest Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, which is based in Chicago.
Dr. Jack Ringer, DDS, will serve as immediate past president.
Other newly elected board members include:
* Dr. Steven Andreaus, Board of Directors
* Dr. Peter Auster, Board of Directors;
* Dr. Randall Burba, Board of Directors;
* Dr. John Calamia, Board of Directors;
* Dr. Susan Hollar, Board of Directors;
* Dr. Nicholas Marongiu, Board of Directors;
* Mr. Michael O’Malley, Board of Directors.
The AACD Board of Directors’ responsibilities include: Determining the direction of the AACD, creating board policy and actively linking with membership to maintain exceptional member value.
* Dr. Michael Bannan, American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry;
* Dr. Adamo Notarantonio, American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry;
* Dr. John Rowe, American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry.
The mission of the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry is to protect and preserve the validity of the Accreditation examination while maintaining the standard of excellence the credential has come to represent. The ABCD assures the rights and privileges of the Accredited Members are honored while allowing the opportunity for dentists and laboratory technicians to achieve their full potential in cosmetic dentistry.
* Dr. Scott Greenhalgh, Board of Trustees, AACD Charitable Foundation;
* Dr. Kerri White, Board of Trustees, AACD Charitable Foundation;
* Dr. Nelson Kanning, Board of Trustees, AACD Charitable Foundation.
The Board of Trustees manages the affairs of the AACD Charitable Foundation and activities supporting its premier program, Give Back a Smile.